Chinese common name: mepiquat chloride
English common name: Mepiquat chloride
Commodity name: Cotton Cordial; Peptide; Growth Helper; Methylperidine; Cotton Grows Fast; Cotton Yield Helper; Pixar; Regulatory Pyridine; PIX.
Chemical name: N·N-dimethylpiperidine chloride.
Appearance: The original drug is white or light yellow powder
Active ingredient: placed at room temperature for two years, the effective ingredient is basically unchanged, it is easy to absorb moisture and agglomerate, but does not affect the efficacy.
Physical and chemical properties:
The pure product is a colorless crystalline solid that decomposes at 285°C. Easily soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, slightly soluble in acetone, storage stable at room temperature.
It can delay the vegetative growth of plants. It can be absorbed through the leaves and roots of the plant and transmitted to the whole plant. It can reduce the activity of gibberellin in the plant, thereby inhibiting cell elongation, weakening the growth of the top bud, and controlling the vertical and horizontal growth of the plant type. The internodes are shortened, the plant type is compact, the leaf color is deep, the leaf area is reduced, and the synthesis of chlorophyll is enhanced, which can prevent the plant from growing up and delaying the closure of the line.
(1) The application of mepiquat chloride should be determined according to the growth of crops, and it should not be applied to fields with poor soil fertility conditions, insufficient water resources and poor growth conditions. For the fields sprayed with mepiquat chloride, we must strengthen the management of fertilizer and water in the field to prevent drought or fertilizer shortage. For crop varieties that are prone to premature aging, urea should be sprayed at the late growth stage for extra-root fertilizer application.
(2) Mepiquat chloride must be sprayed in accordance with the prescribed dose in order to strictly control the dosage and application period. The application time should not be too early, so as not to affect the normal growth of plants, but the application too late will cause damage. If mepiquat chloride is sprayed to cause harm, gibberellin can be sprayed to reduce the degree of harm.
(3) When mepiquat chloride is applied, it should be sprayed in clear weather. After spraying, with the precipitation is over medium level, the effect of mepiquat chloride will be affected. It can not be mixed with alkaline pesticides, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, dimethoate, Monocrotophos and other pesticides, but it should be applied immediately after mixing. In case of over inhibition after application, 50mg/L gibberellic acid can be sprayed to alleviate the problem. Precipitation within 24 hours after the application of medicine in cotton field will affect the efficacy.
(4) Although mepiquat chloride is a safe and low toxic drug, it is non-toxic to bees and poultry, non irritating to eyes and skin. However, it is still necessary to avoid inhalation and eye contact, and prevent people and animals from eating by mistake. Mepiquat chloride is easy to absorb moisture and can even become water like, so it should be stored in a sealed container.
(5) It can be mixed with a variety of insecticides and fungicides.
(6) It should be stored in a dry place away from light and damp. Also, it should not be mixed with food, seeds and feed.